Thursday, November 28, 2013

Overcoming stage fright

Edutopia had an article referring to stage fright and education students. I know that even as a semi experienced teacher I get nervous before a big class/observation/or a presentation. I also know that my students get the same way before performing at a solo contest. The article gave 9 tips to overcome this stage fright and trick our brain into almost "faked confidence". When I'm teaching I use the phrase "Fake it till you make it" - meaning that nerves can get in the way, but you you have to perform like you intended to make any mistake and that you stay in the character of the piece.

Here is the link to their page - http://www.edutopia.org/blog/overcoming-classroom-stage-fright-todd-finley

If you want to, perhaps you should consider teaching confidence and techniques to create confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment